Monday, July 13, 2015

Iker Casillas bids farewell to Real Madrid In tears

No comments :
Everything that has a beginning must have an end.Real Madrid legend, Iker Casillas broke down in tears yesterday Sunday July 12th as he said goodbye to Real Madrid fans during a farewell press conference. After 25 years at Real Madrid (he joined Real's youth academy in 1990), the 35 year old is moving to Porto
After 25 years of defending the crest of the greatest team in the world, the most difficult day in my sports career has arrived: I have to say goodbye to an institution that's given me everything. I have come to this great stadium today to say goodbye to all of you. As of Saturday I'm no longer a Real Madrid player, now I'll be a Porto player. I am moving to Porto for many reasons.
'Firstly I am joining Porto because of the excitement that the coach has transmitted to me. Secondly, because of their affection, they have won me over. I'll do everything I can to not disappoint them and fight as hard as possible to win as many titles as I possibly can there.'
'This club didn't just teach me how to be a sportsman, it taught me how to be a person. I've learned a lot form all of my coaches. They have been a fundamental part of my development and my career. Every day we've been forming a part of Real Madrid and they've always supported me. I want to say thank you to my parents and all my family.'Thank you to the Madrid fans for their support, helping me lift every cup, every triumph, for being with me in the good moments and the bad moments. Forgiving me a hand when I needed lifting up. I don't want to be remembered as a good goalkeeper or a bad goalkeeper, I just want to be remembered as a good person, with my faults.

'Thank you. Thank you. A thousand thank yous. Wherever I go, I will always shout Hala Madrid. I’m sure in the future we’ll see each other. I’m not going to say goodbye, because it’s not goodbye. I hope to see you soon. Thank you, to all of you.' 

No comments :

Post a Comment