Saturday, September 19, 2015

Popular Actress Gives up on Marriage, Says She's Done Having Kids

No comments :

 Actress, Iyabo Ojo is ecstatic! The screen diva said she has found love again and she is happy with the man in her life.

But then, the actress also hinted that she and her lover have not discussed marriage plans even though they have been dating for about five years because she is not “really into marriage.”

In a new interview with Punch's Saturday Beats, Iyabo attributed that feeling to the fact that she once had a failed marriage.

“I thank God that I have found love and I am very happy with him. He understands me because I am not an easy person to handle. I am always busy but my lover is very understanding.
 I always make sure I find time for him despite my busy schedule. I cook for him as well as my children. I don’t see cooking for my lover as a big thing because of the way I was brought up. I love cooking.

My lover is also an equally busy person but we always find time for each other. We have been together for about five years and as far as we are concerned, we are married even though we have not made it official yet. 

There is no much difference between our union and that of married couples. I would say the only difference is that we are not making it public and we have not made it official. If marriage later comes up, I am fine with it and if it does not happen, it is also fine by me. I love my life as it is and I am not someone thinking about having kids again and my lover also has kids.

My children love him and we complement each other. We love each other; that I am very certain of. If the wedding bells come, fine and if it does not, it is also fine. I am happy and I have a man in my life that makes me happy. I am committed to him the same way he is committed to me. I am not really into marriage because of my last marriage. I have always said that what I want in my life is a man that understands me and makes me happy and I have that already,” she said.

Indeed, Iyabo talks about her kids with so much passion. At the moment, her daughter has followed in her footsteps in the make-belief industry and she also talks sex education with her.

“When my daughter started her period, I began to teach her about sex education. I felt it was the right time. I let her know that as she has started her period, she is a lady now and if she has sex, she would get pregnant. I told her what sex meant in detail. You would be surprised how exposed these kids are now. They are more exposed than we were when we were younger- all thanks to the internet. Ironically, my daughter understands what sex is all about. I always advise parents to be their children’s friends.

“When I was talking about sex to my daughter, she was laughing and felt awkward about it. We need to educate them and let them understand that if they engage in sex, they would get pregnant and would stay away from school. I let her know that I am not a party to abortion and there is nothing like that in my dictionary. I let her know the qualities to look out for in a man. I always tell her why she must not have sex now until she becomes an adult. When she becomes an adult, then we would continue from there. Sometimes we sit down and talk and I ask about her boyfriend but she tells me that she has none. She would tell me that she has a male friend but not lover.”

No comments :

Post a Comment