Monday, July 13, 2015

Nigeria press needs deliverance- Majek Fashek's blasts in new interview

No comments :
Nigerian singer, guitarist and reggae legend, Majek Fashek has said in new interview that Nigeria press needs deliverance and they will go to hell for spreading false news about him.In an interview with City People, has warned journalists who write about him amongst other things.
Read the interview excerpts below:

What have you been doing since your return from the U.S?

I have been doing some shows and I have produced several tracks which will make up the album. And I am currently working on an album which would be released sometime in June this year. The fact that I am an American citizen won’t make me forget my people.

You have many albums to your name. Which one will you say is your best?
Many people believe Prisoners of Conscience is your best; at least it won you many local and international awards. Will you agree with that?

If people say it’s the best, then it’s the best. Apart from fetching me many awards, that album was from God because you can never stop the rain, neither can you stop God’s creation, the wind must blow and life must go on.

There are speculations in town that you are sick, as in mad. What could have sparked off the rumour?

Me sick? The Nigeria press needs deliverance. And all journalists, who write false things against me are going to hell.

Why hell? And do you know you are also including me?

Not you but for those who always write and give false information about me and for blasphemy against the prophet. Me and Jesus Christ, we are one, me I don’t follow Jesus Christ like Christians o, I am following Jesus Christ in a different way and in different form. So, the Nigerian press that is running against the truth will go to hell.it is not you I am referring to. Okay, who gave me Rain Maker? It was the Nigerian press that was good press like you. May God help you in your press profession. It was good people like you then that gave me the title of ‘’the rain maker’’ in the 1990’s. I didn’t give myself. They don’t take bribe, it is you that will use your sense to give them envelope, they don’t demand anything from you and it is you that will give them, not them demanding for it.

But the press we have now will always demand for bribe or envelopes. So, the Nigerian press, no, don’t let me use Nigerian press, let me say African press.

But would you agree with me that you are sick?

Yes, I was sick, anybody can be sick. What I have is spiritual problem which I am dealing with. Even in the bible, it was stated that we are not fighting against flesh and blood but wickedness in high places. I am a freedom fighter that was the handiwork of the press. It was the work of my enemies who were trying to blackmail me. I love the press and as a matter of fact, it was the press and as a matter of fact, it was the press who gave me the title of ‘‘the rain maker’’ in the 1990’s I didn’t give myself that title. It was the press who gave me. But I thank my people for accepting me the way I am.

So, where is your wife and family?

I resided in the United States of America for years. I married a Benin lady by name Rita. She is a business woman and she is in the US with my kids. We have four kids.

Does any of your kid have the same passion for music like you?

My first son, Randy, has a computer studio. I believe he wants to take after me.


*Interview excerpts culled from City People*

No comments :

Post a Comment